I have 16 scholarships to give away—12 Kaplan and 4 Princeton Review. The scholarship can be used for the MCAT, DAT, OAT, PCAT or GRE. Although grades are important, this scholarship is based primarily on need. Hint: the essay is VERY IMPORTANT.
The deadline to turn in your complete application (which includes a copy of your transcript—an unofficial one from TritonLink is fine) is Monday, April 28 at 4:30 pm. You will be notified on Friday, May 2 if you have been chosen. Good luck!
Application: REVIEW COURSE SCHOLARSHIP APP.×
Tutors are HMP3 members who have done well in the class and want to help you succeed, too. Come get the help you need BEFORE MIDTERMS! Like us on Facebook for information and more: HMP3 Project Success
- Organic Chemistry (CHEM 140A-C): Mon 4-5p, Wed 12-2p & 4-5p, Friday 2-4pm
- Human Physiology 1: Mon 11a-2p, 6-7p, Tues 5-7p, Wed 10-11a, Thurs 10-12p, 2-3p & 5-7p
- Human Physiology 2: Tues: 5-6pm; Wed 10-11am; Thurs 10-12p
- Genetics: Tues and Thurs 9:40a - 12:20p, 2-5p
- BILD 1: Mon 12:30-1:30pm, Tues: 5-6pm; Wed 10-11am; Thurs 10-12p
- BILD 2:Mon 12:30-1:30pm, 6-7pm Tues 2-3:20pm, 5-7p
- Physics 1A: Tues & Thurs 9:40a - 12:20p, 2-5p, Wed 4-5p
- Physics 1B: Wed 4-5p
- Physics 1C:Tues & Thurs 9:40a - 12:20p, 2-5p
- Metabolic Biochem: Fri 1-2p
- Structural Biochem:Fri 12:30p-1:30p
- Cell Bio:Friday 12:30p-1:30p
*** Tutoring for all sessions meet downstairs in old Student Center B on the corner of Gilman & Mandeville Lane (directly across from the Mandeville coffee cart). Enter the door facing Gilman after hours. Tutoring will be offered through 10th week.×
Still trying to figure out summer internship plans or maybe secure a volunteer opportunity? Not sure what classes to take or which MCAT to sign up for? Or maybe you already know the answers and want to help your peers! APPLY to be a mentor or mentee through HMP3 Peer Mentor Program!
Our mentors can help you find opportunities at UCSD and beyond! We are opening up the match for both MENTORS and MENTEES for a final time this year.
Applications are due at midnight Tuesday, April 15th and matches can plan to meet at our spring event on Friday, April 18th. Apply now at peer-mp.ucsd.edu.×
- Wed. April 16: Health School Fair
- Mon. April 21: Scholarship deadline
- Thurs. April 24: Pritzker School of Medicine visit
- Fri. April 25: Prospective HMP3 Student Board Member Mixer
- Mon. April 28: Michigan State School of Medicine visit
- Wed. April 30: Public Health Forum (date change!)
- Mon. May 12: Major UCSD School of Medicine Event (tentative date change)
- Sun. May 4: Major Osteopathic Medicine Event (tentative date)
- Thurs. May 22 Health Professions Meet & Greet
- ***and even more! Watch this space!
HMP3’s Student Board is an amazing group of individuals who work very hard to serve all of their fellow pre-health professionals. The board elects the new president and vice-president, but EVERY OTHER POSITION IS FILLED BY INTERVIEW!
We will be having a Student Board Mixer on Friday afternoon, April 25 so you can come meet the current board and see what positions you might want to apply for. I’ll send exact time and location later, but please SAVE THE DATE for this fun event! (You don’t have to attend in order to apply, but come if you can!)×
HMP3 buys MCAT Practice Tests in bulk from the AAMC and offers them to students at the reduced rate of $20 each, instead of $35! Choose which ones you want at AAMC.org, bring me cash or a check in the correct amount (during office hours) and I will gladly order them for you.×
***PLEASE NOTE: Some events do not have the exact meeting time and location on the calendar. Please check the "What's New" section or the Weekly Emails for the exact time and location in case that happens.
Mission Statement - Welcome to HMP3! You will find the latest information about our meetings, weekly emails, board members, and more through our website. The Health and Medical Professions Preparation Program (HMP3) at UCSD serves to deliver meaningful community service experience, personal development, access to standardized test preparation, mentoring, career insight, and unique philanthropic endeavors for the benefit of the greater UCSD community.
We provide undergraduates with enriching experiences and opportunities that will enhance their preparation for admission into a professional school in the medical and other health professions. Through collaborations with the UCSD School of Medicine, faculty, community health care providers and others, HMP3 exposes members to a variety of health professions, and the experiences obtained enable students to expand their mind and increase their qualifications for entry into their health professions of interest. HMP3 also guides members to other helpful resources on-campus. HMP3 recently put on one of its biggest events, the MEDS Conference. This day long conference provided Pre-Medical and Pre-Pharmacy students the opportunity to interact with students and teachers from their respective professional schools and learn about what to expect in the future:
Many resources and opportunities are available to prepare for a variety of health professions, but where do you look for them?
Weekly Emails from our Advisor, Adele Savage, provide information on: